General Membership Information
Mid-Maryland Internal Medicine is a concierge practice, which does not participate in Medicare or any form of insurance. Instead, patients pay an annual fee and receive personalized, attentive care that is difficult to obtain in today's common medical-care delivery models. Services we provide or refer you to may be eligible for reimbursement through your insurance plan. For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please call our office for current fee information.
Payment of the membership fee entitles patients to:
- 24/7 access to a physician who knows you
- Up to 10 office visits per year with your physician, typically same day/next day with little to no waiting time (additional visits $50.00 each). Note that routine visits with nurses, e.g. for flu vaccines or regularly-scheduled B12 shots, are not counted as office visits
- A comprehensive annual physical exam and wellness review
- Annual panel of labs, including: complete blood count, comprehensive metabolic profile, glucose screening, urinalysis, full cholesterol profile, thyroid and prostate tests
- On-site blood draws as needed
- EKGs during office visits as medically indicated
- Well-woman exams as indicated
- Annual flu shot, scheduled at your convenience
- Telephone advice and consultation for review of test results and non-urgent concerns
- Email access for non-urgent questions or concerns
- Office-based services, such as nebulizer treatments, urinalysis for UTIs, simple dermatologic procedures, ear lavage, stool occult blood testing, vision screening, joint injections
- Completion of forms such as prior authorizations, work releases, etc.
- Personal coordination of care with specialists, including assistance with scheduling tests and consult appointments
- Inpatient consultation at Frederick Memorial Hospital